Today I reflected some on my mother's day 2 years ago. That was such a special day because we brought Quinn and Leyla home from the hospital. We have video of that day. If I remember I will link a little footage to this later this week, so you can see my beaming grin. That whole NICU experience (well, really the whole pregnancy too!) was such an emotionally draining time. It seems so distance now when I think of it; however, I must confess if I see any NICU experiences on TV my eyes still well up with tears. It is awesome though that we have such a special day to mark the end to that NICU chapter--Mother's Day. :0)
Today started with Tycho brining me coffee and a light breakfast to bed, along with my Sunday newspaper. An hour later or so, we left for Venice beach. We decided to try this beach again because we thought it might be closer than the others. It was closer by 10-15 minutes, but it is a little rockier too. The water temp. was perfect though. We spent a good amount of time in the water. Unfortunately, no pics of that, as we both cannot be in the ocean up to our chests, holding kiddos and a camera. Maybe we will buy a cheap underwater disposable next time, so we can try to get the pics because they are quite the little fish. They love the water! However, they did learn through experience that this water does not taste quite the same as the bath or pool water they tried. (And no, we did not put them under or let them slip; they are just obsessed with trying to lick up the water. Crazy, I know!) We only stayed for 2.5-3 hours as it was quite hot. Here are some pics from the beach. Yes, I was there too; however, I was enjoying being photographer today.
After we arrived home, we played while Tycho prepared some chicken, smoked sausage, and asparagus for the grill. A little later, a couple friends over to celebrate the day with us. The afternoon was full of swimming, good food, great conversation, and relaxing.
It was another wonderful Mother's Day! Check back later this week for pics and the video link...
Albuquerque New Mexico Casinos
11 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment